Last night I got a bit (pleasantly) surprised. Gábor Kocsis, my friend, a martial artist and a blogger whom I respect a lot, a person who survived a stroke and now spreading his word to help others, nominated me for the Liebster Award. I totally agree with Gábor’s idea on his blog that we are here to learn from one another, and use all our experience to make the world and ourselves better. So in turn and according to the rules of the Liebster Award I would like to nominate other bloggers who I believe make contribution to the mankind by spreading their ideas.
But before that let me fulfill some other obligations in accordance with the award’s rules. First of all, I’ve never heard of Liebster Award before. After making some Google search I found a wonderful explanation by Lorraine Reguly at Wording Well.
The Official Rules Of The Liebster Award
If you have been nominated for The Liebster Award AND YOU CHOOSE TO ACCEPT IT, write a blog post about the Liebster award in which you:
1. Thank the person who nominated you, and post a link to their blog on your blog.
2. Display the award on your blog — by including it in your post and/or displaying it using a “widget” or a “gadget”. (Note that the best way to do this is to save the image to your own computer and then upload it to your blog post.)
3. Answer 11 questions about yourself, which will be provided to you by the person who nominated you.
4. Provide 11 random facts about yourself.
5. Nominate 5 – 11 blogs that you feel deserve the award, who have a less than 1000 followers. (Note that you can always ask the blog owner this since not all blogs display a widget that lets the readers know this information!)
6. Create a new list of questions for the blogger to answer.
7. List these rules in your post (You can copy and paste from here.) Once you have written and published it, you then have to:
8. Inform the people/blogs that you nominated that they have been nominated for the Liebster award and provide a link for them to your post so that they can learn about it (they might not have ever heard of it!)
Gábor’s questions to me
I received 3 of them instead of 11, but this is totally fine with me :). After all, that’s the beauty of the blogosphere – everyone can enjoy democracy and freedom expressing his ideas and interpreting others’. So, here we go:
1. Why did you start blogging?
I started blogging because I enjoy expressing my thoughts in a structured format. Originally I had a blog at Blogspot mainly about Ukrainian and international politics. With time the platform changed to WordPress, and the contents changed too. I see my current blog as a place for personal reflection and reflecting over gained experiences, on the one hand, and a source of (hopefuly) sending some inspiration to others.
2. Why do you continue?
I really enjoy it. I enjoy both expressing my ideas, and receiving feedback from readers all over the globe – even if the numbers are not that high. I think the best about blogging for me is a sense of satisfaction and reward after realizing that someone found your post useful and motivational. Besides, I learn a lot from myself when writing down what’s on my mind.
3. Why are you here?
The shortest and the hardest question :). I agree with Gábor that we are here to learn. In my view the meaning of life is self-development and progress towards becoming a better being and changing the world for the better. There are many tools for that – learning, travelling, love, work, etc. I also believe we are here to fulfill a certain mission – everyone has his own. And the first task of course is to understand what this mission is. If we do not fulfill our potentials and missions, we are destined to be born again to accomplish the task.
11 random facts about myself (11 according to the rules)
1. I am a citizen of Ukraine (although consider myself a global one).
2. I enjoy playing the guitar.
3. I currently reside in Budapest, Hungary.
4. I did parachute-jumping.
5. In the city I prefer bicycle as a means of transport.
6. I still don’t have a diving license. Not yet 🙂
7. I have a younger sister (she’s 5 years younger than me).
8. I am a fan of travelling.
9. I started martial arts as a necessity, but nowadays it’s one of my greatest passions.
10. I speak a little bit of Hungarian.
11. My favorite blues song is Gary Moore’s “Still Got the Blues”.
Now this it time to nominate other bloggers for the Liebster Award. These are the people who I believe make a positive impact on the world by sharing their ideas,
These are my nominees:
The nomination can be accepted or rejected of course according to the rules.
My questions for the nominees (11 according to the rules)
1. Why did you start blogging?
2. Where do you take your ideas from?
3. What is your occupation apart from blogging?
4. What is your passion?
5. Do you have a family?
6. What kind of music do you like?
7. Name 3 books that influenced you the most?
8. Name 3 films that influences you the most?
9. Do you share your ideas in public (personal contact)?
10. What is your favorite destination?
11. If you had a magic stick that would fulfill any of your 3 wishes, what would they be?